Parents Support Group
Who We Are
BGPS is carrying out a recruitment drive for our Parents’ Support Group which was formed in 2002. Our Motto is 'Success Through Collaboration'. We would like to welcome YOU to join us in making BGPS a better environment for our children.
- To be active partners of our school in creating a more conducive and vibrant learning environment
- To build closer ties between our teachers, parents and children
- To have greater involvement in shaping your child’s life holistically
- To foster positive relationships between parents and our school
- To enjoy a platform where discussion and dissemination of information on educational concerns and school's programmes can take place
- To provide opportunities for parents to network and support one another
- As part of a group that provides a platform where discussion and dissemination of information on educational concerns and school's programmes can takes place.
- Parents are able to understand their children's learning style and school's objectives.
- To share information and develop relationships between school and parents.
- For any enquiries, feel free to contact our teachers in charge
Mr Mohamed Ridza, HOD/ PE & CCA , or
Mr Chang Kwang Chek (Chairman of PSG), at:
Parents' Contributions & Programmes
Reading Mum Programme
Parent Volunteers offer their services on a regular basis conducting reading programmes for Primary 1 and Primary 2 pupils who are identified with poor reading skills. This session is done on a one parent volunteer-to-a group of 4 to 5 pupils basis.
With this enhancement programme, the weaker pupils have made marked improvements in
- Phonics Awarenees
- Comprehension Skills
- Oral Interaction
- Reading Ability
Library Assistants Team
Acting as a Library Assistant, the parent volunteer provide invaluable help to decorate the Reading cum Study Corner.
• to coordinate the library display materials and maintenance.
Learning Journey / CCA Team
Parent Volunteers assist the school as the 2nd Teacher to the pupils in the class who help the teachers supervise and ensure the childrens' safety for •Learning Journey to Science Centre, Zoo, Road Safety Park, and Little India etc.
• CCA practices or competitions, which held outside the school.
Decorations / School Events Team
Parent Volunteers help to decorate the school compound during• Festivals
- School functions, especially the Annual Speech cum Prize Presentation Ceremony
- Special Rooms, where one of the well-decorated areas is the Story-Telling cum Drama Centre Parent Volunteers also take part in
- Teachers' Day celebrations by performing some items e.g. Line Dance in the Mini Concert to commemorate Teachers' Day.
- Preparation of food for display on Racial Harmony Day.
- Assistance to help the Primary 1 pupils to settle down in the new environment and supervise them during Recess for the first week of the year.