MRL: Media Resource Library
OBJECTIVES OF THE MRL:
To inculcate the value and love of reading in every BGPian.
2. To provide a conducive environment where students can acquire new
knowledge and information.
3. To support the learning and research needs of the students.
4. To support the needs of the teaching staff.
5. To raise awareness and appreciation of reading to all students and parents.
INFORMATION FOR PUPILS:
1. You are allowed to borrow a maximum of 2 library items - Book (for a period of 14 days) or Audio-Visual (for a period of 3 days).
2. For digital loans (computer/tablet/Kindle) and board games, card will be kept and returned after use.
3. Please inform the school librarian immediately if you have damaged or lost library items.
4. Please inform the school librarian immediately if you have damaged or lost your membership card.
5. For a damaged or lost membership card, the initial fine imposed is $1 and $2 for any subsequent damage or loss.
LIBRARY OPERATING HOURS:
Monday to Friday from 7.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
Mdm Azizah Bte Ramli
LIBRARY PROGRAMMES: (Can we have
another column for services)
This programme is aimed at giving the students the
opportunity to borrow books from the National Library Board without having to
go to the public libraries. – Can put in
National Library Board librarian shares some interesting
books that are available in the National Library with the Middle & Upper
The National Library Board librarian tells stories to the Lower
Primary students to increase their interest in reading storybooks.
Students read the relevant books displayed in the MRL and take part in the OWL Quiz.
5) Board Games@OWL
Students get the opportunity to play educational board games such as Scrabble to improve their language proficiency
6) ICT Zone
Students can use the computers and iPads to complete task i.e. SLS assignments
7) Mobile Library
The mobile library provides books for the students in the cafeteria so that students are able to read the books after they have eaten their meals.